For people who don’t have a yard, container gardening is an alternative solution if they really want to garden. These are some ways which container gardening can be implemented even when you don’t have a large yard.
There are a number of ways that you can have your own personal garden even though you don’t have a large yard.
1. Place pots of flowers on one side of your steps. This tends to work excellently if you have each container around the same size and the flowers/plants the same or similar.
2. Hanging baskets on the porch. Getting one or many containers that have colorful cascading flowers, such as ivy geraniums, petunias, begonias, in one color or combinations of colors, can create a wonderful garden effect in your home.
3. You can place planters on both sides of your front door. Tall, narrow plantings usually do quite well. You can also consider, Topiary, sculpted green shrubs, or even a vine on an obelisk or similar standing structures.
4. You can put a group of containers on a bench. If you have a bench, table or shelf lying around, you should have a number of containers of varying sizes. The plants available can be of different colors as well as types.
5. A container on a pedestal in entryway. If your entrance is large enough, having an urn that is filled with flowers on a pedestal usually creates a very powerful impression.
6. Lining a patio. As long as your flowers don’t obstruct your pathway, having a patio that is lined with containers of colorful flowers is a wonderful addition to any home.
7. A grouping in the corner of a deck. Decks tend to be usually boring and devoid of any form of color. By grouping several containers of different sizes, shapes and types with a lot of colorful flowers, you create a much more exciting atmosphere.
8. Encircling a tree trunk. As long as there is enough light, making a “flower box” around a tree trunk and filling it with flowers, adds color and interest to an otherwise empty space.
9. Hanging on a wall. You can use wall brackets to attach containers to a wall and fill them with flowers that tend to oppose the particular wall color. This works well for grabbing attention from everybody passing by as long as you make proper use of the available space.
10. in an old wagon or wheelbarrow. If you collect antiques or have some similar items you can easily fill everything up with a collection of annual plants. This works well for some people but others can use alternative solutions.
11. Hanging from deck railings. A number of different containers are usually specially made to attach to deck railings that look wonderful when filled with flowers. The containers shouldn’t be extraordinarily large but should be shaped in proportion to each other as well as your home.
12. A window box filled with flowers. Regardless of whether or not you have no yard, porch, patio or deck you can have a window box filled with a number of different bright flowers for your viewing pleasure and that of a number of people who may be visiting your home.